Carbon Bike Repair is a premier carbon fibre bicycle repair, paint restoration and respray company based in Leatherhead, Surrey and we are looking to take on a permanent Trainee Carbon Repair Technician. All training will take place in-house, this is a great opportunity for someone looking for a career in carbon composites.
We are looking for a bright enthusiastic person who is not afraid to learn and progress. The candidate must be willing to learn new skills, manage themselves and work in a small team. CBR is a great place to work. The production team is comprised of both experienced and training staff. We always look forward to considering new talent to partake in our amazing company.
The role will include the following tasks:
- Prepare frames for carbon repair.
- Repair damaged carbon on bicycles
- Assist with inspecting and identifying fractures, damage, and wear on bicycles.
- Follow job sheet instructions.
- Will be trained in the use of power tools or manual tools to cut / shape / drill / saw / grind / sand as required in repairing bicycles.
As the work is detailed you will receive training in house. You will also be required to carry out other workshop duties and general housekeeping, such as cleaning and tidying your workstation. You will need to work closely with all members of staff to ensure the bicycle’s journey from beginning to end is efficient and meets the companies’ standards.
Our current working hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am-4:30pm with 1 hour for lunch.
Essential Skills & Qualification:
- Experience in the use of manual and power tools.
- Previous experience in repairing / craft making / construction / spray painting an advantage, however on-site training will be provided. Must have a willingness to learn.
- Reasonable English communication skills.
- Hardworking, honest, and highly motivated with a friendly positive attitude
- Methodical with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Hands on, ‘can do’, proactive approach with the ability to use your own initiative.
- Punctual and tidy.
Salary: Starting salary will be approximately £16,000 to £19,000 per annum, dependant on experience and qualifications.